The Best Start-Up Award powered by Banca Transilvania will go to a young company or project which capitalizes on a novel idea, tries to solve an important current shortcoming in business or society, and uses innovative approaches in product development & promotion.
- Get exclusive access to the Romania Insider Awards Gala in October 2019. All shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate at the VIP-Gala Awards ceremony in October 2019.
- Find an investor. While we do not offer a specific investment as a prize, we do facilitate contact of the shortlisted candidates with investors who are present at the Gala.
- Get exposure in the media. The entire event will be promoted before and after the Gala. Finalists will have coverage on Romania-Insider.com and associated media channels.
Who is eligible?
Companies officially incorporated in 2016 or later, or projects not yet incorporated but in seed phase, with a prototype product or service and a sound business model.
- The company’s product/project impact and usefulness.
- The project’s uniqueness in addressing a certain need, be it on a wide or niche market.
- Scalability potential of the start-up project, including international eligibility and usefulness.
- Proven financial backup from local or international investors can be a tie-break for projects with similar scores for the other criteria.
The Best Start-up Award is powered by Banca Transilvania.
In order to ensure confidentiality and the objectivity of the judging process, all nominations will be anonymized before being presented to the Board of Advisors and Jury.